Thursday, January 14, 2010

Demel to Sunderland?


Hamburg SV defender Guy Demel has confirmed Sunderland are one of the clubs chasing his signature.

The Ivorian defender is attracting interest from several leading clubs across Europe, including AC Milan, with his contract set to expire this summer.

Demel, currently on international duty at the African Cup of Nations, claims he will not force a move in the January transfer window unless his club are willing to cash in.

"I am unaware of all those rumours, but I am in touch with my player agent and he told me there would be clubs keen on me," Demel told Hamburger Morgenpost.

"I am aware Sunderland FC is interested in me, I have been further told that one or more club from England and also AC Milan would be ready to move for me.

"But I am still a player of Hamburger SV and have liked it at Hamburg very much. I am still part of this squad, though."

Demel managed to reach 98 caps in the Bundesliga, also scoring twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment