Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No regrets from Fabregas


Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas believes it was worth putting his body on the line against Aston Villa, despite worsening his hamstring injury.

The 22-year-old playmaker has not played since coming off the bench on 27th December to score a brace in the 3-0 home victory.

He had been struggling with the problem prior to kick-off and aggravated it further by running 50 yards before netting his second goal of the game.

The Spainard made his return to full training on Monday and is confident of being fit for the first game of their double-header against Bolton on Sunday.

He told the Evening Standard: "My hamstring injury has kept me out of the last few games but I was pleased to be able to make an impact from the bench against Villa.

"I hate being on the bench so much. Any time I am asked to warm up the adrenaline is there because I want to get on the pitch.

"I picked up my injury when I scored the second goal. If I had not made the 50-yard sprint, then I probably would not have aggravated the injury.

"Sometimes in football you need to do it, though. I said to the physios before the game, 'If I play, you know me, if I am on the pitch, I will be everywhere'."

No comments:

Post a Comment